Being an artist, you always have the desire to try new things and to express yourself. I have wanted to try digital art and illustrations for over 2 years at least, and I have finally done it after I got an iPad Pro with Apple Pencil for my Birthday.
I learned how to draw with ProCreate, (mess-free art studio for iPad), and I will tell you exactly how I did it.
I wish it would be, you just open the app and voila! You are a pro…
It was different, but a slow and painful process, until I have taken the Udemy online course called: Drawing and Painting on the iPad with Procreate.
Why did I want to learn to draw with ProCreate?
I love drawing on my iPad because you can do it literally anywhere and it is light to carry it around anywhere and fits with no problem in any bag.
As a self-taught artist and I thought I could figure the app out by myself, but I was wrong.
I was overwhelmed by the endless possibilities when I have opened the app ProCreate and if it was not for the course that I have decided to take I would still be dabbling and lost.
But I am sure that you have been there. You open the app and try different things.
You are very excited but nothing really seems to work.
You are really stuck. and upset
…and finished your bucket of ice cream because you are upset.
ProCreate. It has hundreds of possibilities. I was left with a lot of questions that I was trying to find the answers by myself.
– How do the layers work?
– How do I save my work?
– How do I film my work?
– How do I create the cool textures that I can digital illustrators having?
With my drawing for sure, you could see that I was confused. It was all done on 2 layers and I was just doing it all just by plain guesswork.
If I would have not taken courses on Procreate I would still be very confused.
So I went to Udemy and took a course about ProCreate. It was the time when they had a flash sale to get the course cheaper than usual.
The name of the course was: Drawing and Painting on the iPad with Procreate.
It has helped me to learn everything that I needed to know.
What I like about this course:
- It is hands-on. It is not all theory, but much rather taught through examples so that every feature that is introduced, immediately gives you an example so you can go ahead and try it yourself.
- It covers all of the basic tools and instantly implements them, so it will actually help to reinforce how they all work.
- In detail, it goes over shortcuts and options associated with every step of the project.
Who is this course for?
- I think that this course is perfect for anyone who was stuck like me. I loved to draw but always wanted to learn how to do that digitally.
- It is also perfect for Illustrators looking to learn everything about ProCreate.
- People who want to learn how to draw but have no idea where to start.
Now, this is what I was able to do because of the course. I have to confess, that I am too free-spirited to follow the instructor. I have created something using the exact techniques that he was doing and those are the results.
Meet the instructor:
His name is Brad Colbow. He is a professional graphic designer and Illustrator.
He publishes comics, runs conferences but what he is best known for is running a Youtube channel where he talks about technology for illustrators. In that time he has published reviews on everything from the Surface Pro to the iPad pro. And everything in between.
He believes drawing and illustration is a journey, we are all constantly learning and getting better and he blogs about that on his channel as well. He thinks anyone can learn to draw all it takes is practice.
It’s never too late to pick up a pencil and start learning.