Learn how to draw semi-realistic eyes with this article.
Drawing eyes may be one of the hardest yet the most rewarding part of a drawing to do. Today I have reached out to the artists, Kanta Kerro, who will be taking you through the step by step process of how to draw the semi-realistic eyes with the software Paint Tool Sai.
The tutorials are laid out step by step what will allow you to crack the code into the drawing of the eyes so that you will become the master of eyes by the end of the tutorial.
So let’s begin:
1. Make a basic outline
2. Add details
3. Create a layer under the sketch and fill in with colors
4. Low opacity of the sketch layer. With a soft round, brush adds some shadows around the eye and the crease.
5. Add blush under the eye and create an under eyes crease.
6. Put highlights at the corner and under the brow.
7. Use Multiply mode to add shadows on the white of the eye.
8. Add details to the iris.
9. With Linear Dodge or Luminosity modes, add some highlight and reflections on the pupil.
10. Create a small wing and add color by using Overlay settings.
11. Add eyelashes
12. Blur everything out and paint until satisfied. Adjust the colors if needed.
If you have enjoyed this tutorial, then do not forget to check out this drawing course for complete beginners called: “The Ultimate Drawing Course – Beginner to Advanced.”
Join over 260,000 learning student and start gaining the drawing skills you’ve always wanted.
The Ultimate Drawing Course will show you how to create advanced art that will stand up as professional work. This course will enhance or give you skills in the world of drawing.