If you’re looking for a fun and effective solution to organizing your life and keeping on top of all your schedules, bullet journaling is ideal for you!
However, choosing the right notebook to start your bullet journal can be extremely daunting.
Especially as you may want to commit to one that lasts you the best part of a year.
In order to help make your decision a little easier, I have rounded up some of my favourite bullet journal notebooks for you below.
It’s important to remember that bullet journaling is all about:
– making organisation fun
Try not to overthink it! Sooner you pick the notebook, sooner you will be able to start with bullet journal fonts.
Whether you are creative or minimalist, or somewhere between the two, today you will find the best fit for yourself!
5 Best Bullet Journal Notebooks
Perfect for beginners who want value for their money. This Poluma Dotted Grid Notebook is a no-frills option, however it includes all the essential features you will need to dive into bullet journaling headfirst.
The dotted notebook has 128 pages of acid-free paper, a sturdy faux leather hardcover, inner pocket, attached elastic closure and double-length ribbon.
- 5 x 8.25 inch – small and compact for travel
- Super affordable – $8
- Acid free paper – likely to last long
- Stylish PU leather cover – Available in 4 colors
- Inner pocket
- Unnumbered pages
- No index page – making cross-referencing more difficult
- 5.5 x 8.25 inches – a little wider than other A5 journals
- Rounded corners
- Perforated pages – tear away pages / ideal for inserts
- Great value – $10, three for the price of one
- 80gsm thin paper – expect some ghosting
- Binding – prevents notebook completely laying flat
- No option to choose colors
So if you want a dotted bullet journal to plan all your new and creative layouts, be sure to check this one out – you won’t have to worry about making any mistakes.
Are you a believer of “less is more“, if so, this Lemome A5 Dot Grid Notebook could be the one for you!
This classic notebook includes 180 thick pages, perfect for those who like to use wet pens to create minimal designs.
Also, it features an elastic closure, bookmark, inner pocket, six label stickers and is available in lined, graph, or dot grid paper.
- 120gsm paper – no bleedthrough for most pens & markers
- Fair price – $13
- Expandable pocket – to hold notes, stickers etc
- Convenient pen holder
- Stylish faux leather cover
The 192 pages of smooth, ivory-coloured paper used in the Rhodia Webnotebook is quite impressive, despite only being 90gsm.
It also includes other features such as an elastic strap, ribbon bookmark, and an expandable pocket.
- 5.5 x 8.25 inches
- Brushed vellum paper – quality feel with less bleedthrough
- Study durable hardcover
- Back cover pocket – great for pen & craft storage
- Expandable pocket
- Limited colors – Only comes in black or orange
- No index page
- Darker dots – more visible than other notebooks
- Pricey -$18
You’ll be able to use heavier pens, markers and even light watercolors to decorate your bullet journal spreads without major bleedthrough with this notebook!
If you’ve been bullet journaling for a while, you’ve no doubt come across the almighty favourite, Leuchtturm1917 notebook.
There are so many amazing features that come with this journal such as a contents page, archiving stickers, micro-perforated pages, folded pocket and elastic band.
- 5.75 x 8.25 inches – a little wider than other A5 journals
- Contents page – enables cross-referencing and structure
- 17 different color options – Yes please!
- Thread bound – Opens flat
- 250 pages – more space to create
- 80gsm paper – quality paper but may see little ghosting
- Pricey – $18
There’s a LOT of information on the internet about bullet journaling, but Brainbook breaks down the core elements of what you need to know in a way that’s easy to understand and relevant to your life…all in one convenient place.
With this comprehensive bullet journaling roadmap by your side, you’ll know exactly how to set up your journal for success from start to finish!